Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snowstorm!

I love snowstorms, because Jamie is home from school and we get to stay here doing nothing but enjoying the falling snow. It is like being handed a holiday. (I realize they are dangerous for people who do have to travel, but we always stay home and enjoy.)

Today was perfect. We got to sleep in, and then Amelia was out at 7:15 sweeping the deck, still in her pajamas. Yes, making it to 7AM is sleeping in for Jamie and I.



I put some stew fixings in the crockpot and bread rising, then Nikita pulled out the Christmas decorations. Elvis put us in the mood with his Christmas carols and Nikita and Zachary decorated. Saturday we plan to get our tree!


Later while I worked on my chocolate covered cherries, Zachary and Alexander played outside with Amelia, Sunny, and Micah. I daresay it was Sunny's first sled ride! She had fun, and was out for a bit. Unfortunately, I haven't yet gathered all the necessary winter items, so she was a bit mismatched- even the boots- and I didn't take any photos.
Thankfully Jamie dipped all 85 cherries in the chocolate for me because my energy level was dropping rapidly! All in all, it was a very productive day which we enjoyed together as a family.
God is good!



No comments: