Friday, July 30, 2010

If You Want Something Done Right....

As I woke up today around 6:00ish AM, I heard some metallic food preparation sounds through the fog of my morning haze. As a stumbled into the kitchen, I saw Sunny sitting at the table eating Cheez-Its and drinking juice. Amelia (who no doubt served Sunny) was over at the stove surrounded by flour, honey, brown sugar and all manner of cooking ingredients. She was bent over a bowl on the stove, stirring her concoction and looking very pleased with herself. I asked her what she was doing. She was making coffeecake. Apparently no one else in the house gets up a decent hour and it is left to the responsible ones to make breakfast. I personally found this amusing. It was a mess to be sure, however it was a sincere mess and she made it with a good heart. I wonder what's on the menu tomorrow?

James

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yan tries to wake up early so that she can get some cooking done before I wake up. It is a mess, but I always have to think that it's good-independence and motivation to provide food for yourself! :-) Love those girls!