Monday, May 23, 2011


Roxanne grazing with the kids

Roxanne relaxing in her paddock.

Last week was a very long week; although we have been so busy it also seems like the week was here and gone in a flash. 

Monday Amelia went for a blood draw, which is never pleasant.  Since was taken of Levoxyl six months ago she has been growing more emotional and prone to meltdowns. 

Tuesday we found out our beloved shetland pony, Roxanne, had to be euthanized.  She was only our pony for 7 months, but Nikita and Micah had grown especially fond of her.  She became completely blind over the winter, and was scared of every noise.  We also found out at the end she had Cushings Disease, which would explain why she had trouble keeping weight on.  She was taken away Tuesday night, and Nikita was able to say good-bye to her Wednesday.

Wednesday we also found out we have to switch gears in our adoption.  We have found out, though, that an orphanage in our country of adoption does possibly have some girls with Down Syndrome.  We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us. 

Thursday Amelia had her annual physical.  She received two vaccinations.  On Thursday I also called our school district to sign the triplets up for school next Fall.  Jamie and I have been discussing it for a number of weeks now, and we decided to put them in public school next year.  It was a very hard decision for me, although I know we have a great elementary school and they will enjoy themselves.

Friday Amelia saw her endocrinologist, and even though her blood levels were in a decent range, he did agree to put her back on Levoxyl.  We will continue to check her blood every three months, and see if her temperament improves in the meantime.

Saturday was our tag sale!!  We made $215, thanks to the generous donations of many items to sell.  I am trying to remain positive, because that is a good amount.  BUT, we need $6000 before our adoption can go anywhere.  We have paid $250 and $300 to the two agencies involved for start up; we will be paying the $1500 for the home study this Wednesday when the social worker is here. We even have the $890 filing fee for the immigration paperwork and fingerprints. But we need the placing agency fee of $3000 and then almost immediately the first part of the country fee, another $3000.

That would be 26 more weeks of  $215 tag sales, which is way too long to wait!!! Anyone know of a good loan shark?  Or is that an oxymoron??

This week I am busy cleaning and getting us all ready for the Social Worker visit Wednesday at 3pm.  Soon after that we should have our completed home study, and then...we wait on the funds.  I trust God has a plan to help a little girl in West Africa become our daughter.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow! This has been quite a week for you. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers.