Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 10

It is already getting hard to come up with a daily entry for the 31 for 21. My life is just not that exciting despite home schooling 6 kids, three of whom have Down Syndrome!

I am going to use an essay that I wrote for our church's weekly bulletin insert over the Summer. I was asked to write something because of my involvement with the Christian Life Committee.

Here it is:

"It is one of the tasks of the Christian Life Committee to find volunteers that will spend time teaching our faith to the children of this church. We endeavor to instill in them the need for daily Christian habits beyond just Sunday morning church.

What are your Christian habits throughout the week? I know my daughter Amelia has better ones than I do. Most mornings, she has gone to the computer and turned on her Praise & Worship music before she even has breakfast. (I gave up telling her not to touch the computer.) Then she stands on the chair and sings. Amelia insists on taking a turn praying at the dinner table. She lines up her children's Bibles and reads them to Micah. Amelia teaches Dante to sign "Jesus", although he does not always appreciate her repeated hand-over-hand technique. She serves her community once a week when she helps deliver Meals on Wheels.

Amelia is not content to worship Jesus on Sundays only. She lives the life everyday. I need to be more like her. After all Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little chidlren, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3,4). I think we all could be a little more like Amelia...simple, unashamed, and loving her Jesus...every day of the week."

No comments: