Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Mom

My mother died unexpectedly sometime this past week from complications of her diabetes, we learned of her death on Thursday. I came out to Corning right away, and Jamie is on his way out now with the kids so we can spend Easter together, with her service on Monday. Funny, 17 months ago we spent Thanksgiving in a hotel after Dad died, and now another holiday in a hotel because of a death in the family.

Mom isn't really dead though. She is now alive with Jesus, and is with Dad again. She never truly recovered from his death, and still grieved intensely each day. She and I had a difficult relationship...I feel some guilt because of that, some grief at the loss of my mom and my kid's grandma, but mostly I feel peace because for the first time in my adult life I know my Mom is truly happy and without mental anguish or physical pain. God is good.

EmmyLou Harris sings a song called "All My Tears", written by Julie Miller:
"When I go don't cry for me
In my Father's arms I'll be
The wounds this world left on my soul
Will all be healed and I'll be whole

Sun and moon will be replaced
With the light of Jesus' face
And I will not be ashamed
For my Savior knows my name

It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away

Gold and silver blind the eye
Temporary riches lie
Come and eat from Heaven's store
Come and drink and thirst no more

So weep not for me my friend
When my time below does end
For my life belongs to Him
Who will raise the dead again

It don't matter where you bury me
I'll be home and I'll be free
It don't matter where I lay
All my tears be washed away"

Mom was wounded emotionally and physically, but now she is whole. All her tears are indeed washed away. God is good.

4 comments:

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Amen! You have a such a beautiful perspective. xo

Ma Ingalls with ADHD said...

mmmmmm, so sorry....

Anonymous said...

RIP Mom. We miss and love you.

Jenn said...

She is so happy right now!!