Friday, June 18, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up!

Jamie and I are eagerly (ok, impatiently for me) anticipating the arrival of our 8th child in 15 days. Exactly. Unless he decides to come sooner. Later is not an option.

Anyhow, on the other end of the spectrum, my firstborn is hurtling towards adulthood. Alexander today became the proud holder of his Driver's Permit. Soon he'll be behind the wheel of a car. (Yes, Jamie's car, not my van!) Six months from now he should have his license and be able to run errands for me! I mean, experience some independence when he decides he wants to go somewhere...

Also, in 2 weeks Alexander will have his first official job, since we found out two weeks ago he was accepted into the Teen Service Program of Camp Good News. He will spend three weeks volunteering in the kitchen during July. I am so glad he is going off to get this experience. One of the best parts of it is that he will be going alone. Not that I would wish any sort of loneliness on him, but since he and Zach are only a year apart it often seems like they become a package deal when doing anything-- camp, sports, friend's parties-- this is Alexander's true turn to shine and be himself.

Two milestones for my firstborn. If I weren't 38 weeks pregnant I might start worrying about facing an Empty Nest soon!

Congratulations Alexander!!!

No comments: