Thursday, May 21, 2009

Anxiety

Proverbs 3:5,6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

Is it really that easy? In 8 days Jamie, Nikita, and I will be leaving the two boys and three little ones for 7 days. Yes, my mother-in-law will be here each evening and overnight, and a young man is coming in to help each day, and my incredible home school friends are providing dinners, and my best friend is stopping in with McDonalds for lunch twice....but I still worry.

It's Dante really that is worrying me. He loves 4 people, and 3 of us are leaving. Oh he loves Zach too, I suppose I should say he loves 5 people. But Zach isn't much for babies, he is however Amelia's hero. Alexander is the one who will bear the brunt of Dante's behaviors for a full week. We never know what to expect. Tuesday night he slept straight through; last night he was up at 1am for over an hour crying inconsolably. We have decided that while we are gone he'll take his dinners in his carseat so he cannot head bang on the wooden high chair. And I have set up a portacrib with foam around the top rail that Alexander can put him into if he has a temper tantrum that won't calm down.

And Sunny worries me too. I know she is our daughter, but I am already feeling the guilt at the sadness we will be causing her during her adjustment period. One part of the what the Bible says has been easy lately -- "pray without ceasing"!!

Here is a quick picture of Dante and Alexander. Dante just climbed up on the couch to "read" next to his big brother... these are the moments I cherish.

God is good!

3 comments:

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Kelly, we will all be praying for all aspects of this adventure - please don't worry, it won't change a thing. You can trust God with wild abandon - He won't let you down :)

I am so excited about your trip and I will pray, pray, pray for the three of you and Sunny and also for the housefull at home.

Will you have any access to email while you're gone? You know we'll be on pins and needles for any tidbits of news.

xo

KellyL said...

Thank you Lisa, you always have encouraging words, and we all appreciate the prayers!
We will have email access and plan to keep everyone updated...

Alice said...

Praying for you. We are struggling with the same issue. Andreas is very happy where he is. It is so hard to think about the pain we will be causing him.

I am so happy that you are going to get your girl!