Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Breezy Summer

I often think Summer school vacation is overrated. Eight weeks or so of bored kids, hot sticky weather, and no routine?? I do love it though, because it means my husband is home for the Summer. That is a HUGE perk for me and the kids. And making it to 7AM is sleeping in!

Despite the abundance of rain, this has been a pretty good Summer. It actually has not even reached 90 degrees here in Massachusetts- which is just fine by me. As a person without air conditioning, I have always personally preferred winter weather to that of summer. In the winter I can watch the snow fall, and curl up with a book and afghan. In the summer there is not a lot I can do about the horrible humidity. Each season leaves us thankful for the other!

Yesterday we had our first family Summer outing. (Am I supposed to call it a "stay-cation"?)

We went to Breezy Picnic Grounds and Waterslides, something we do once each year. Here are some pictures:



I love the one where Amelia jumped behind Micah to make a face.

Micah, Amelia, and Sunny also went on the waterslides, and had a blast. We double up with them, because when we hit the pool at the bottom it would be too difficult for them to quickly get on their feet and move towards the edge. I think Micah would probably be over his head anyhow!
All in all, it has been a good Summer, and it isn't done quite yet. Tonight the teens have six friends hanging out and staying over. Jamie and I had some fun lobbing water balloons at them, and I helped Amelia sneak up with the super soaker one of the girls brought. They have let Amelia hang out with them all afternoon.
God is good, in every season.




No comments: