Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Conversation with Micah


Micah has been making great strides with his speaking. He seems to enjoy being understood, and is trying harder to use his words.
He does however still tend to repeat things. I am not sure if it is habit or just shows he is not truly grasping what I am saying.
Tonight when we arrived home from gymnastics practice, this is how our conversation went:
Me: "Micah, did you have fun at gymnastics?"
Micah: "nastics"
Me: "Did you swing on the bars?"
Micah: "bars"
Me: "Did you run around?"
Micah: "around"
Me: "Am I standing on a mountain?"
Micah: signs mountain
Me: "Because I keep hearing an echo."
Micah: "echo"
Since I saw him swinging and running, I know he had fun, but we do need to work on those conversation skills. I think he had the most fun when he was running and the poor volunteer was chasing and trying to bring him back to focus on the skills! Best game ever!!

No comments: