Thursday, March 12, 2009

Being Lazy Can Be Good?

The kids and I try to do devotions every morning, along with reading two Psalms. I say try because we did not manage to make time for it Tuesday morning. I only have to admit to that because today by mistake I used Tuesday's Our Daily Bread for the devotion.

The first verse in the reading was Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."" After the reading of the devotion, we each have to share our thoughts on it. I shared about being content with what I have has been forced upon me somewhat lately because the driver's side window of my van will not go down. Typically, it is not unusual for me to run through the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru to grab myself one of those delicious coffees. Or, after going 45 minutes into Worcester for a doctor appointment with one or more kids, we would hit a McDonald's drive-thru for a snack of fries on the way home. (I could always justify calling it a snack, we rarely spent money on whole meals!)

But now with that non-working window, I am just too lazy to actually go in for that coffee or fries, especially since it would mean unbuckling the little ones so as not to leave them in the vehicle alone. So Zach asked if that means it is good that I am sometimes lazy. He's a the-glass-is-half-full kind of guy!

I have learned to be content to just drive by Dunkin Donuts. It is pretty sad that every time I drive by one and the kids see the sign Amelia will say "coffee!!" and Micah will say "donuts!!". Ame knows what I love, and Micah knows what he loves! (Double chocolate with frosting and sprinkles)

No comments: