Saturday, July 16, 2011

Apple Trees for Leif

 Today Jamie and I bought Leif  2 semi-dwarf apple trees with money he had saved from Nana and Poppy. 
It has been a beautiful day, and Leif played in the sprinkler with Nikita while Dad dug some holes for the trees.
 Leif was so funny, getting his hands wet and then rubbing them all over his hair.  He thought he was taking a bath!  I was surprised he took right to the spray and had such a blast with no crying.

 Afterwards he went over to his apple trees for some pictures.  He loved holding the shovel and playing in the loose dirt.
 Leif even consulted with Dad on the soil quality, but I drew the line at the taste test.
We look forward to watching Leif and his trees grow in the coming years.  He already likes to pick and eat the blackberries and blueberries, and I am sure he will learn to tend to his trees. 

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love reading your blog and glad I found it. We adopted one little girl 6 months ago from HK with DS and are starting the process again to bring home another one from there!
Barb