Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chocolate Cake and Superhero Dad

 I worked last night, and brought home with me a slice of Cracker Barrel Chocolate Coca Cola Cake.  I decided to save it for breakfast.  This morning Jamie was feeding Dante breakfast when Amelia noticed the cake on the table, still in its take home box.  I immediately knew I should have hid it in my sock drawer.

She got three forks out, naming off  Dante, Amelia, Mom  as she took them out of the drawer.  I told her it is MY cake.  Amelia responded "Good Grief" (I hear that a lot from her) and put one of the forks back.  She set the other two on the table and said "Mom and Amelia".  I knew I had lost that battle, and apparently Dante lost too!

It turns out my biggest mistake was giving Leif a bite too.  The best way to lose weight is to have Amelia and Leif share your food.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am working again tonight. Since the boys are off working for the summer and Nikita has youth group and a sleepover tonight, Jamie will be home with the five youngest: Amelia, Sunny, Micah, Dante, and Leif. 

Jamie is an amazing Dad, and he will have no problem taking care of it all.  I did make scalloped potatoes and ham in the crockpot so he does not have to do a lot of cooking.  He always puts the kids in bed, even the nights I am home, so they have a solid routine down. 

Jamie is Superhero Dad.  Even Dante, though trapped in the world of Autism, clearly thinks his Dad is tops.



We are blessed, the kids and I, to have him as our man.

No comments: