Monday, July 30, 2012

ShanLin Has Glasses!

Today ShanLin picked up her new glasses!! She is quite pleased with herself, and has given us no problem wearing them.  Hopefully this will help Amelia be more willing to wear hers.





Jamie is now off for the remainder of the Summer, and we have been very busy.  Today he and Leif planted two peach trees while I canned 7 pints of dilly beans, blanched and froze a head of cabbage, and made a batch of fridge pickles.   Some time this week I need to clean the little boys' room, but there is still plenty of week left for procrastinating.

I have also finally begun to plan in earnest for the upcoming school year.  I intend to use FIAR to do book unit studies with the triplets, and recently stumbled across a website with a ton of unit studies and free printables.  Today I printed out tons of stuff I now need to cut apart and organize, then tomorrow we are going to do a few days of  Blueberries for Sal.  It should be lots of fun, and start to set a pattern for the kids to be ready for the Fall.

Leif and Kimberly have been very busy loving life, and here are a few photos to illustrate:











Nikita now has a new horse and is working 4 days a week for a farm animal sanctuary.  She also keeps begging for driving time but it seems hard to fit in between her work schedule, my work schedule, and little siblings who don't want to spend time driving all over. 
Zachary is still up at Camp Good News as a counselor-- he is working the Mountain Bike Camp this week and is no doubt having a great time.

We have not heard from Alexander, and I am assuming no news is good news.  His graduation from Basic Training is at the end of September, so I am squirreling away tip money to pay for my journey to South Carolina to see my boy! (sorry, my young man)


And now, I am going to watch some Olympics with Jamie while cutting and organizing for tomorrow.

Good night, and God bless.

No comments: