Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Alexander!!!

Today my eldest is fifteen years old. I cannot believe I have a child that old! He is such a blessing to this family.

Dante and Alexander have a special relationship. Here are a few pictures:
These ones are two years ago, just after Dante came home.





In this recent photo, Dante is giving Alexander some pointers on the PSP.


When Alexander was born 15 years ago, Jamie and I had been married for not quite 2 years. We were living in a one bedroom apartment that was part of a complex in Hamlin, New York. The high that day was -2 degrees. Yes, negative two was the high!

Jamie: At the time we drove a Geo Metro and we had to defrost the starter by dangling a hair dryer out of the second story window. When I was leaving the hospital after Alexander was born, I was afraid the car would not start (he was born at St. Mary's in Rochester, New York; Zachary was born there 15 months later). Fortunately, Jesus (and Mary?) intervened because a hair dryer in the parking garage was not an option!

I never imagined that 15 years later we would be "expecting" our seventh child and living in Massachusetts. We have come a long way from our little one bedroom one baby life, and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for our whole family in the future.

Here is a picture I took this morning while Dante was in the bath. Yep, it is a picture out the bathroom window...but what a beautiful photo it is of a morning after a fresh snowfall. And the temperature was already in the 20's...thankfully much warmer than 15 years ago!

2 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I would love to know what agency you are working with for sunny! I have not seen any older or down syndrome girls from Taiwan! Is she in an orphanage or foster care? Noah is from Taiwan and we would love to return someday for more of our Children!

blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

KellyL said...

Hi Tami! Sunny is in a Cathwel orphanage in Taipei...email me at wife2jamie@verizon.net and we can "talk" more!
Kelly